Monday, July 9, 2018

Windows 'quote' and "double quote" key issue


Open Notepad and try the following steps to reproduce this,
if I type a double quotation mark ("), it does not appear on the screen until I type an additional key.  
If the next key I type is a vowel, it creates an umlaut over the vowel:  ä ë ï ö ü

If I type the quote a second time, I get two quotes.
If I type a single quotation mark ('), it does not appear on the screen until I type an additional key.  
If the next key I type is a vowel, it creates an accent over the vowel: á é í ó ú

If I type the quote a second time, I get two quotes.
I have no need for umlauts and accents.  However, the quotes are essential for me, and this interferes with my work flow. 

There must be a glitch in the software programming for the keyboard.


Try the following steps to fix this,
Ø  Open Control Panel
Ø  Go to the Options of Language
Ø  Remove "United States-International" Input method
Ø  Save the changes
Close and try again in Notepad.


No comments:

Delphi Thread Example

Delphi Thread Example Threads mean a lot with the latest computer technology. They allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time ...